Find slim wallets, food trucks and unique ice cream flavors at some of Columbus’s coolest spots.
About Scott Shetler
Author Archive | Scott Shetler
Go to Pops on classic Route 66 to find soda flavors like buffalo wing, sweet corn, coffee, and maple bacon.
Have you ever seen an “Amish buggy parking only” sign in a parking lot?
While visiting Amish Country, I wanted to seek out genuine conversations with Amish folks, not shallow tourist traps.
Chocolate-sprinkle donuts the size of my head? Yes, please!
Seeing an Amish man talking on a cell phone made me realize I had many misconceptions about the Amish.
My efforts to meet some long-lost Amish relatives during a visit to Ohio.
Pose with Arnold in Columbus, the site of his first Mr. World bodybuilding triumph in 1970.
About Quirky Travel Guy
Welcome! I’m Scott, a Chicago freelance writer into national parks, offbeat roadside attractions, road trips, urban adventures, and budget travel in the U.S. and beyond.
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL!
Upcoming Quirky Travel Guy Trips
Search this site
- 66 more things I love about Pittsburgh November 28, 2011
- Why I won’t visit museums that don’t allow photography April 18, 2012
- 9 Things You Didn’t Know About the Grand Canyon March 5, 2012
- Trapped: Stuck inside the Mall of America for 12 hours September 17, 2012
- An unforgettable afternoon at the White House with the First Dog and Michelle Obama’s veggies October 24, 2012
- 8 cool places to go in Columbus May 20, 2013
- Quirky Attraction: Pops, home of 600 crazy soda flavors May 17, 2013
- Scenes from Amish Country in Holmes County, Ohio May 15, 2013
- Searching for authentic experiences in Amish Country May 13, 2013
- Cool Chicago: The Doughnut Vault May 10, 2013