A tiny European country, a remote British Columbia island and a laid-back southern city all make the list.
Archive | Lists RSS feed for this section
My favorite trips this year took me to Alaska, San Diego, Nashville, North Carolina, Philadelphia and the Rocky Mountains.
The 20 largest national parks in the USA include the hottest, coldest, highest and wildest landscapes in the country.
Unearthing some little-known facts about our 49th state, regarding polar bears, reality television, and earthquakes.
My personal choices for best Chicago band, deep dish pizza, beach, and much more.
Check out Chicago’s free zoos, historic baseball parks, and the tallest building in North America.
My favorite travel moments of 2011 included Staten Island sailing and Koreatown karaoke.
When I visited Boston for the first time, a few things surprised me about the city.
Death Valley National Park actually offers a lot in the way of scenery, including dry salt beds, brilliantly-colored rock and mineral formations, and even – if you can believe it – snow.
About Quirky Travel Guy
Welcome! I’m Scott, a Chicago freelance writer into national parks, offbeat roadside attractions, road trips, urban adventures, and budget travel in the U.S. and beyond.
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL!
Upcoming Quirky Travel Guy Trips
Search this site
- 66 more things I love about Pittsburgh November 28, 2011
- Why I won’t visit museums that don’t allow photography April 18, 2012
- 9 Things You Didn’t Know About the Grand Canyon March 5, 2012
- Trapped: Stuck inside the Mall of America for 12 hours September 17, 2012
- Quirky Attraction: Alaska Veterans Memorial May 24, 2013
- Being ‘the Segway guy’ in Columbus May 23, 2013
- 8 cool places to go in Columbus May 20, 2013
- Quirky Attraction: Pops, home of 600 crazy soda flavors May 17, 2013