I rode my first Segway, and I liked it. Join me on a two-wheeled tour of Columbus, Ohio.
Archive | Travel tales RSS feed for this section
Find slim wallets, food trucks and unique ice cream flavors at some of Columbus’s coolest spots.
While visiting Amish Country, I wanted to seek out genuine conversations with Amish folks, not shallow tourist traps.
Here is your guide to five Chicago dog-friendly destinations you and your pooch may not know exist in Second City.
Seeing an Amish man talking on a cell phone made me realize I had many misconceptions about the Amish.
My efforts to meet some long-lost Amish relatives during a visit to Ohio.
What’s there to do in Kansas City on a snowy weekend? Barbecue, museums, jazz bars and igloo building, for starters.
The Westboro Baptist Church now has a rainbow colored house across the street. This is amazing.
Couchsurfing members address charges of censorship, with responses from CEO Tony Espinoza.
Pittsburgh’s Cathedral of Learning houses 29 Nationality Rooms, classrooms modeled after different cultures from around the world.
About Quirky Travel Guy
Welcome! I’m Scott, a Chicago freelance writer into national parks, offbeat roadside attractions, road trips, urban adventures, and budget travel in the U.S. and beyond.
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL!
Upcoming Quirky Travel Guy Trips
Search this site
- 66 more things I love about Pittsburgh November 28, 2011
- Why I won’t visit museums that don’t allow photography April 18, 2012
- 9 Things You Didn’t Know About the Grand Canyon March 5, 2012
- Trapped: Stuck inside the Mall of America for 12 hours September 17, 2012
- Quirky Attraction: Alaska Veterans Memorial May 24, 2013
- Being ‘the Segway guy’ in Columbus May 23, 2013
- 8 cool places to go in Columbus May 20, 2013
- Quirky Attraction: Pops, home of 600 crazy soda flavors May 17, 2013