It’s not that hard to eat affordable and healthy food on the road.
The poor man’s method of seeing the Statue of Liberty is to take the Staten Island Ferry.
I’ve been trying to live a more minimalist lifestyle, but music and clothes keep getting in the way.
About Quirky Travel Guy
Welcome! I’m Scott, a Chicago freelance writer into national parks, offbeat roadside attractions, road trips, urban adventures, and budget travel in the U.S. and beyond.
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL!
Upcoming Quirky Travel Guy Trips
Search this site
- 66 more things I love about Pittsburgh November 28, 2011
- Why I won’t visit museums that don’t allow photography April 18, 2012
- 9 Things You Didn’t Know About the Grand Canyon March 5, 2012
- Trapped: Stuck inside the Mall of America for 12 hours September 17, 2012
- An unforgettable afternoon at the White House with the First Dog and Michelle Obama’s veggies October 24, 2012
- 8 cool places to go in Columbus May 20, 2013
- Quirky Attraction: Pops, home of 600 crazy soda flavors May 17, 2013
- Scenes from Amish Country in Holmes County, Ohio May 15, 2013
- Searching for authentic experiences in Amish Country May 13, 2013
- Cool Chicago: The Doughnut Vault May 10, 2013