Chocolate-sprinkle donuts the size of my head? Yes, please!
Tag Archives | Illinois
The Green Mill jazz club is about as Chicago as it gets.
An abandoned rail line is now a popular hiking and running spot, even though the trail is unfinished.
Check out a photo essay of flowers, fruit plants, cacti, ferns and more from the Garfield Park Conservatory.
Here’s the scoop on Chicago’s improv and comedy scene, including top venues and shows, plus how to score cheap tickets.
From deep dish to donuts to ethnic restaurants, a look at the Windy City’s tastiest and most famous food.
Winter activities in Chicago include ice skating, museums, food, sketch comedy and live music.
A photo essay with pictures of people taking pictures at the Chicago Cloud Gate (Bean) sculpture.
Wolves, polar bears, penguins and meerkats. Which of Chicago’s two major zoos is better?
A complete guide to everything you can expect at Lollapalooza, including music, food, weather and basics of the park.
About Quirky Travel Guy
Welcome! I’m Scott, a Chicago freelance writer into national parks, offbeat roadside attractions, road trips, urban adventures, and budget travel in the U.S. and beyond.
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL!
Upcoming Quirky Travel Guy Trips
Search this site
- 66 more things I love about Pittsburgh November 28, 2011
- Why I won’t visit museums that don’t allow photography April 18, 2012
- 9 Things You Didn’t Know About the Grand Canyon March 5, 2012
- Trapped: Stuck inside the Mall of America for 12 hours September 17, 2012
- Quirky Attraction: Alaska Veterans Memorial May 24, 2013
- Being ‘the Segway guy’ in Columbus May 23, 2013
- 8 cool places to go in Columbus May 20, 2013
- Quirky Attraction: Pops, home of 600 crazy soda flavors May 17, 2013