Pepsi was invented in a small former pharmacy in New Bern, North Carolina that now houses a Pepsi gift shop.
Tag Archives | North Carolina
My favorite trips this year took me to Alaska, San Diego, Nashville, North Carolina, Philadelphia and the Rocky Mountains.
Witness college sports history and pose with university mascots at the ACC Hall of Champions.
The Ava Gardner Museum in North Carolina features personal artifacts from the life of the celebrated actress.
About Quirky Travel Guy
Welcome! I’m Scott, a Chicago freelance writer into national parks, offbeat roadside attractions, road trips, urban adventures, and budget travel in the U.S. and beyond.
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL!
Upcoming Quirky Travel Guy Trips
Search this site
- 66 more things I love about Pittsburgh November 28, 2011
- Why I won’t visit museums that don’t allow photography April 18, 2012
- I went to the Mormon Church grounds and they didn’t try to recruit me September 14, 2011
- Trapped: Stuck inside the Mall of America for 12 hours September 17, 2012
- 9 Things You Didn’t Know About the Grand Canyon March 5, 2012
- An unforgettable afternoon at the White House with the First Dog and Michelle Obama’s veggies October 24, 2012
- What’s it like to visit a ghost town full of toxic waste? Welcome to Picher, Oklahoma… June 19, 2013
- Road trip day 4: Route 66 highlights in Oklahoma June 17, 2013
- Quirky Attraction: Toronto Shoe Museum June 14, 2013
- Road trip day 3: Raccoon skeletons, buffalo statues and flaming lips in Oklahoma June 12, 2013
- Road trip day 2: Abandoned amusement parks and General Custer’s britches June 10, 2013
- Road trip day 1: Kansas Jayhawks, equality snowmen, and Supreme Court history June 6, 2013