Who knew that the Department of Homeland Security has its own flag?
Visit the Cleveland house seen in the classic movie A Christmas Story.
Christkindlmarket is a European-style open-air Christmas market in downtown Chicago.
From lobster mac & cheese to a delicious fruity cocktail, these were my fave culinary experiences of '13.
More scenes from small-town Mexico.
Find replicas of famous Mexican pyramids at this park in Piedras Negras.
Scenes from a cemetery in Villa Union, Coahuila.
This month the spotlight is on small towns in northern Mexico.
In Indianapolis I got to have two ultimate Indy 500 experiences, including one behind the wheel.
In addition to Notre Dame University, South Bend is home to a Studebaker Museum, a chocolate factory, and more.
The most prolific artist in Indianapolis weighs 8,000 pounds and likes to play in the dirt.
From racing museums to awe-inspiring cathedrals to a pop music king’s birth home, here’s the cool side of Indiana.
Take a hike surrounded by modern art at 100 Acres in Indianapolis.
Guests can visit the location where Dr. Frederick Banting conceived the idea for a diabetes treatment.
About Quirky Travel Guy
Welcome! I’m Scott, a Chicago freelance writer into national parks, offbeat roadside attractions, road trips, arts & culture, and urban adventures in the U.S. and beyond.
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL!
Recent Quirky Travel Guy Trips
Search this site
- 66 more things I love about Pittsburgh November 28, 2011
- Why I won’t visit museums that don’t allow photography April 18, 2012
- Trapped: Stuck inside the Mall of America for 12 hours September 17, 2012
- 9 Things You Didn’t Know About the Grand Canyon March 5, 2012
- The unforgettable experience of flightseeing and landing on a glacier July 16, 2012
- The parking ticket I’ll never pay November 16, 2011
- An unforgettable afternoon at the White House with the First Dog and Michelle Obama’s veggies October 24, 2012
- Quirky Attraction: A Christmas Story House December 9, 2013
- Cool Chicago: Christkindlmarket December 6, 2013
- The 10 best things I ate & drank this year December 2, 2013
- Photo essay from Coahuila, Mexico November 25, 2013
- Vendors, sculptures and flags at the Mexican border November 22, 2013
- Quirky Attraction: Plaza de las Culturas November 18, 2013
- Here’s what a small-town Mexican cemetery looks like November 11, 2013