I’m Scott, a freelance writer who seeks out offbeat attractions and awesome destinations in the USA and around the world. Come along as I bring you travel advice, trip inspiration, and dispatches from places that are fascinating, unusual, or just plain amazing!
AS SEEN IN:
- My Quest to Visit All 63 National Parks – And Tips on How You Can Too!Read my advice for trying to visit all 63 U.S. national parks, from Yellowstone to the Everglades.
- Things To Do in Mexico City: 85 Must See Attractions and Experiences for Tourists! (2023)Visiting Mexico City? This extensive guide features must-see attractions, neighborhoods, street food, and offbeat activities!
- Churchill on a Budget: Here’s the Cheapest Way to See Polar Bears! (2023)What’s the cheapest way to see polar bears? Check out our guide for visiting the Manitoba, Canada town of Churchill on a budget.
- Slot Canyon Fun! How to Find the Hall of Horrors in Joshua Tree National ParkHere’s how to get to the awesome Hall of Horrors slot canyon in Joshua Tree National Park.
- 20 Cool Things To Do at Mt. Rainier National Park: Hikes, Wildlife, Waterfalls!We’ve got a complete list of the best hikes, sights, waterfalls, and wildlife viewing opportunities at Mount Rainier!
- Complete Guide to Voyageurs National Park: Things To Do, Campgrounds, Hikes, Itinerary (2023)Voyageurs National Park in Minnesota is a popular place for boating, camping, and bald eagle watching.
- Is the Road to Hana Worth it? 10 Reasons I Didn’t Enjoy Hawaii’s Famous Road TripThe Road to Hana is a famous road trip, but it’s a difficult drive with heavy traffic and few pullouts to stop and enjoy the waterfalls.
- Mississippi Road Trip Itinerary: The Best Attractions and Places to Stop!See our guide to embarking on a Mississippi road trip to check out the state’s blues music and civil rights historic sites.
- U.S. Route 20 Road Trip: Your Guide for Driving the Longest Road in America!From Oregon to Massachusetts, U.S. Route 20 is the longest road in America. Perfect for a summer road trip!
Quirky & Unusual
- Quirky Attraction: Seven Magic Mountains, the Colorful Rocks in Las VegasHere’s what you need to know to plan a visit to Seven Magic Mountains, the towers of colorful rocks in Las Vegas!
- Here’s Every Discontinued Flavor in the Ben & Jerry’s Flavor GraveyardVisit the Ben & Jerry’s factory in Vermont to see their discontinued flavors in the flavor graveyard.
- I Kissed a Giraffe and I Liked It: Visiting The Giraffe Centre in Nairobi, KenyaGet your giraffe kiss and feed the animals by hand at the Giraffe Centre in Nairobi, Kenya.
Alaska Travel Tips
- Complete Guide to Visiting Alaska’s Remote Kobuk Valley National ParkLearn how to get to Kobuk Valley National Park, how much it costs, and what you’ll see in this remote park.
- The Perfect Alaska Road Trip Itinerary: How to See the State in 7 to 10 DaysThis Alaska road trip itinerary offers wildlife, glaciers, mountains, and local culture, all in only 7 to 10 days!
- How Much Does It Cost To Go To Alaska? (2023)Here’s the definitive guide to budgeting for an Alaska vacation, taking into account lodging, car rental, airfare, meals and attractions.
Latest Blog Posts
- The Experience of Seeing the Brown Bears at Brooks Falls in AlaskaGet answers to all your questions about visiting Alaska’s famous Brooks Falls.
- Why Is Airbnb Allowing Hosts to Conceal Hidden Fees in the ‘House Rules’ Section of Listings – In Violation of Its Own Policy?Airbnb is still allowing hosts to request extra fees after booking, by hiding them in the House Rules’ section of listings.
- Is Pittsburgh in the Midwest or East Coast? Analysis of Pennsylvania’s Status From a LocalGeography nerds often debate whether Pittsburgh is part of the Midwest or the Northeast.
Join The Newsletter!
Subscribe to receive the quarterly QTG newsletter, with travel tips and stories about offbeat attractions & awesome destinations.