I’m Scott, a freelance writer who seeks out offbeat attractions and awesome destinations in the USA and around the world. Come along as I bring you travel advice, trip inspiration, and dispatches from places that are fascinating, unusual, or just plain amazing!
AS SEEN IN:
- Things To Do in Mexico City: 85 Must See Attractions and Experiences for Tourists!Visiting Mexico City? This extensive guide features must-see attractions, neighborhoods, street food, and offbeat activities!
- I Kissed a Giraffe and I Liked It: Visiting The Giraffe Centre in Nairobi, KenyaGet your giraffe kiss and feed them by hand at the Giraffe Centre in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Cool Things in Iceland: The 30 Most Amazing Things I Saw in the CountryFrom boiling mud pots to glacial ice chunks on black sand beaches, these were the most incredible sights in Iceland.
- Mississippi Road Trip Itinerary: The Best Attractions and Places to Stop!See our guide to embarking on a Mississippi road trip to check out the state’s blues music and civil rights historic sites.
- Miami to Key West Drive Guide: Places to Stop on a Florida Keys Road Trip!Check out the fun places to stop on a road trip through the Florida Keys!
- The 31 Most Awesome Road Trips From Chicago: Day Trips, Weekend Getaways, and Longer Excursions!Our guide to the best road trips from Chicago, including several you haven’t considered before.
Quirky & Unusual
- Quirky Attraction: The Miss Piggy Plane Wreck in Churchill, Manitoba, CanadaThe Miss Piggy plane wreck is a plane crash site that you can still visit today in Canada.
- Quirky Attraction: The World’s Largest Buffalo Monument in Jamestown, NDThe world’s largest buffalo monument is a 60-ton concrete statue located just off I-94 in North Dakota.
- Visiting the Last Blockbuster Store in the World in Bend, Oregon!Welcome to the last Blockbuster video in the world! Here’s a peek inside the Bend, Oregon establishment.
Latest Blog Posts
- Where to See Wolverines in Mount Rainier National Park: A List of Recent SightingsWhere can you see wolverines in Mount Rainier National Park? Here’s a list of recent hiker sightings of the fierce but elusive animal.
- Saguaro National Park East: 13 Things To Do on the Less-Visited East Side of the ParkHere’s a list of the cool things you can see and do in Saguaro National Park East Unit!
- Whidbey Island Day Trip from Seattle: Things To Do and How To Get There!Here’s a complete list of activities and things to do on a day trip to Whidbey Island!
Travel Tips & Advice
- The Ultimate List of 56 Fun Things To Do in Chattanooga, Tennessee!Take a look at my extensive personal list of the best things to do while visiting Chattanooga, Tennessee!
- Churchill on a Budget: Here’s the Cheapest Way to See Polar Bears!What’s the cheapest way to see polar bears? Check out our guide for visiting the Manitoba, Canada town of Churchill on a budget.
- The 21 Best Things To Do in Coyoacan, Mexico City’s Most Fascinating NeighborhoodCoyoacan is a traditional, old-fashioned neighborhood in Mexico City with interesting markets, museums, churches, and food!
- Slot Canyon Fun! How to Find the Hall of Horrors in Joshua Tree National ParkHere’s how to get to the awesome Hall of Horrors slot canyon in Joshua Tree NP.
- I Jumped Into the Ocean With A Bunch of Sharks on a Cage Diving Encounter in OahuAn experience shark diving in Oahu gave me a chance to see eight-foot-long sharks up close for the first time.
- Tips for Climbing Namibia’s Dune 45 Before SunriseClimbing Dune 45 in Namibia to see the sunrise is one of the most fun activities you can do in the Namibian Desert.
Join The Newsletter!
Subscribe to receive the quarterly QTG newsletter, with travel tips and stories about offbeat attractions & awesome destinations.